This magnificent Maison de Maitre is tucked away within its own grounds of just over ½ a hectare of mature trees, shrubs and lawns. Conveniently situated close to the centre of a small market town with all the necessary amenities within easy walking distance.
The house was built in 1890 by the mayor of the town and remained in his family until the present owners acquired the property. They have since refurbished the house bringing it up to modern standards whilst at the same time retaining all the old world charm that such a home can provide. Many of the original features are still in place such as decorative floor tiles, ornate fire surrounds, exposed wooden floor boards and a beautiful spiral staircase.
The accommodation is spread over two floors with two reception rooms, kitchen and library on the ground floor and four bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom, on the second floor. There is also a large attic room should you wish to develop further living space. The house also benefits from large window openings on all four facades allowing the sunlight to flood in at all times of the day during all seasons of the year.
The mature gardens are home to many ancient trees, a shrubbery and an expansive lawn along with an attractive two storey period barn covering just over 200m2 .
Situated within an hours drive of both Pau and Biarritz international airports, with access to the motorway network in under 20 minutes and the Pyrenees mountains with all the activities they provide, skiing, hiking, climbing, riding to name just a few, only 1 hour 30 minutes away.
* Agency fees to be paid by the seller. (Consult our fees)