Dating back to 1645, this deceptively large French Manor House offers period living at its finest. The Estate includes the four bedroom Manor House; its former winery now renovated into a Reception Venue with an en-suite guest bedroom; its large former barn (two floors of 258m2); a smaller barn (45m2); a stable (44.5m2) and 2 hectares of land. Conveniently situated within walking distance of its neighbouring market town and just 10 minutes north of the historic city of Pau.
The Estate is accessed via large wrought iron gates opening into the private driveway leading up to the gravelled courtyard. Accommodation within the Manor House is provided over two floors. The ground floor offers a large entrance hallway; a study with an original marble fireplace; a formal sitting room with its period wood surround fireplace; a dining room with a large open ‘country’ fireplace and a fitted kitchen which opens onto the dining terrace and connects into both the preparation kitchen (with the former bread oven) and the utility room. The first floor offers four bedrooms all with en-suite facilities and is accessed via the original period staircase.
This immaculate property has huge appeal and would be an interesting acquisition for someone looking for a period character property from which to run a reception venue (for weddings, birthdays etc). It has the added advantage of being situated within walking distance of its well-served town. The Atlantic coast around Biarritz, the Spanish border and the ski slopes are just an hours drive away. Pau airport 15 minutes; Tarbes/Lourdes airport 40 minutes; Toulouse & Bordeaux airports 2 hours.