This attractive Béarnaise farmhouse was built in 1892 as two separate buildings; a small farmhouse and its barn with winery. Over the years, the two buildings were joined to make a larger home, now offering two large reception rooms, an attractive glass conservatory (over-looking the rear gardens and lake) and six bedrooms. The ensemble sits in 3.7 hectares of mature grounds with a small lake. The property is located just 20 minutes north of the beautiful historic city of Pau; 5 mins from the market town of Garlin in the undulating Madiran wine region.
The Ensemble is situated off a quiet country lane screened by its stone wall and original iron gates. The entrance is to the east side where there is a large practical parking area with wrought iron gates leading into the graveled front courtyard. There is a double garage to the left and the former ‘fermette’ to the right forming a L with its converted barn.
The house has been fully restored by its French owners and includes the addition of a modern glass conservatory; a new kitchen; updated electrics and the installation of solar panels which generate an annual revenue of 1,700€. Furthermore, the property benefits from oil fired central heating and double glazing throughout.
The ensemble sits in 3.7 hectares of flat land, which is mainly laid to lawn with mature trees and plantings. It also includes the swimming pool (5x10m) with its surrounding wooden decking; an orchard and a small lake.
Pau airport 20 minutes; Tarbes / Lourdes airport 40 minutes; Toulouse airport 90 minutes.
* Agency fees to be paid by the seller. (Consult our fees)